For Business Owners
CrowdPlus.asia is a Malaysian equity crowdfunding site
This independent review has been written especially for startups & growing companies which are considering using CrowdPlus.asia to raise money with equity crowdfunding.
- What Is Equity Crowdfunding?
- Best Equity Crowdfunding Sites From Around The World
- How To Crowdfund A Business Through Equity Crowdfunding – Step-By-Step
In this CrowdPlus.asia review, you will learn about:
- CrowdPlus.asia Attitude To Curation
- Which Companies Can Use CrowdPlus.asia
- How CrowdPlus.asia Helps Business Owners
- What Is Unique / Different About CrowdPlus.asia
- How To Raise Money With CrowdPlus.asia
Platform Website: www.crowdplus.asia
CrowdPlus.asia Attitude To Curation:
CrowdPlus.asia takes a strict approach to picking which deals get hosted on their platform. Their attitude to curation stems from their origins – one of their founding partners is Netrove Ventures Group, a regional VC and corporate advisory firm. Therefore, it is unsurprising they take a relatively “venture-capital-like” approach to equity crowdfunding curation.
Compared with their competitors, CrowdPlus.asia is more selective. CrowdPlus.asia prefers to do their own upfront assessment about which companies they believe are fully ready to raise external capital, before showing them to the investing public. They want to be known as the platform which hosts better-quality companies. Therefore, they focus on quality, rather than quantity.
The rationale behind this stance is: they want to create a sustainable equity crowdfunding ecosystem, and they believe this requires some professional filtering in order to build trust with investors. As a representative of CrowdPlus.asia told me, “We see the endgame as being beyond the fundraising. We want to see those companies go on to achieve exits for their investors, and for those investors to make money from the experience.”
Overall, under 10% of companies which apply to CrowdPlus.asia ultimately get their campaign listed. This low percentage (versus other platforms) demonstrates how choosy they are with companies. To “go live” on CrowdPlus.asia, it is necessary to be one of the few which pass their strict selection criteria.
Learn How To Succeed With Equity Crowdfunding
Equity crowdfunding offers amazing potential for startups and growing companies, but it is also a very steep learning curve. Many companies begin with no idea of which platform to use, how long it is going to take, or what they should be doing to ensure their offer will be a success.
In this step-by-step guide, you will hear from the world’s leading platforms and from successful past crowdfunders from around the globe, with all their tips and tricks.
Collectively, they have raised millions of dollars, euros and pounds!
Learn how they did it, and how you can do the same.
Which Companies Can Use CrowdPlus.asia:
CrowdPlus.asia started out without a sector focus. They instead wanted to learn about what sorts of companies generated the best levels of interest from their investor audience, and then seek to provide those opportunities.
Lately they have been finding that food & beverage businesses have been performing particularly strongly. These sorts of companies are inherently easily-understandable to investors, and therefore have an easier time of communicating their investment thesis. As of the time of writing, CrowdPlus.asia have a strong pipeline of these food & beverage companies, thanks to those past successes.
However, other companies are still welcome to apply. Thanks to their links with Netrove Ventures Group, CrowdPlus.asia has capability in the technology sector too.
CrowdPlus.asia find that their audience do not like very early-stage startups. They tend to steer away from pre-revenue companies, and instead prefer companies with identifiable sales traction. This matches the experience on most other platforms internationally – it is difficult to raise money for idea-stage companies through equity crowdfunding.
Companies do not need to yet be profitable – ambitious, innovative startups often need a lot of capital to get them to profitability (which is why these companies are trying to raise money in the first place). However, there should be at least *some* interaction with real customers, to show that there’s actual demand for what the company is selling, before going down the equity crowdfunding route.
CrowdPlus.asia works with Malaysian companies. In theory, the underlying business operations could be anywhere in the world (so long as there was a Malaysian holding company at the top level of the corporate structure), but practically, companies with Malaysian operations are more favoured. This is for two reasons:
- Companies with Malaysian operations are easier for CrowdPlus.asia to perfom their due diligence
- Companies with Malaysian operations will tend to get better traction with CrowdPlus.asia’s investor database (who are 90%+ Malaysian, as of the time of writing). If investors can’t see it and understand it (because operations are overseas), it will be hard for them to trust that company enough to invest in them.
Raise Size Restrictions:
Malaysian companies may use equity crowdfunding to raise up to 3 million Malaysian Ringgit in any 12 month period, and up to a maximum of 5 million Malaysian Ringgit over the company’s entire lifetime.
While there is no “official” minimum raise size amount, CrowdPlus.asia does have a commercial minimum, beneath which the economics become difficult to justify. Though each case will be looked at on its merits, companies should be raising at least 200,000 Malaysian Ringgit, as a general guideline. Ideally, CrowdPlus.asia will be looking to facilitate deals which are larger than that.
Take The Quiz – Are You Ready For Equity Crowdfunding?
Equity crowdfunding can raise 6 – 7 figures of investment for startups & growing companies, without banks or VC.
But is your company ready to launch?
This short multi-choice assessment has been created to give an indication of whether your company is fit for funding.
All answers are kept completely confidential.
How CrowdPlus.asia Helps Business Owners:
To get their companies fit for funding, CrowdPlus.asia host regular training seminars with expert advisors.
- Digital Marketers
Aside from that, CrowdPlus.asia rely on automated systems to get their companies to submit the necessary information to begin the equity crowdfunding process. Once the information has been submitted, CrowdPlus.asia will go “the extra mile” to get that information ready to show to investors, based on their significant experience.
Once live, the digital marketing side of things is done by CrowdPlus.asia, as part of the service when using their platform.
What Is Unique / Different In CrowdPlus.asia?
CrowdPlus.asia have special “Fair Deal” shareholder agreements. These are designed to be more balanced between the interests of companies, and their shareholders (in contrast to the very company-friendly shareholder agreements that other platforms tend to offer). CrowdPlus.asia shareholder agreements provide more investor protections and warranties.
Also, CrowdPlus.asia has a “Qualified Matching Investor” feature, designed to bring qualified mentors and investors as a value-add to the companies which raise money with them. They currently have 50 – 60 successful angels / entrepreneurs within this program – meaning companies which raise funds with CrowdPlus.asia can access valuable advice, along with the potential money raised.
How To Raise Money With CrowdPlus.asia:
- Come to the pitch meeting prepared. The in-person meeting with CrowdPlus.asia is a critical go/no-go point in their selection process, and should therefore be treated like a job interview. CrowdPlus.asia find that many entrepreneurs are far too casual about this meeting. So, come along with all the information they need to make a decision, and they will be able to make a quick yes / no call. This includes details about the business model, and financial traction achieved to date.
- Focus on the quality of the management team. CrowdPlus.asia are particularly interested in the people side of the business. Investors tend to back the people at the helm of a company, even more-so than the business model! Show them that you have the right people for the type of business being built.
- Learn from the best crowdfunding case studies so that you can replicate their success. Other companies have done equity crowdfunding before – you don’t need to learn from scratch. Absorb as much information as possible so that you are prepared to raise money online!
You’ll learn how to choose the right platform, build a crowd, and raise game-changing money.
Join The Free Equity Crowdfunding Training
Get The Roadmap To Raising 6 - 7 Figures, Without Banks Or VC
✓ Where To Go To Find Equity Crowdfunding Platforms
✓ The Different Factors To Weigh Up When Deciding
✓ How To Find Out How Big The Platform's Audience Is
✓ What Else Is Crucial To Know About A Platform
✓ How To Avoid The Biggest Mistakes That Founders Make