For Business Owners
Aescuvest is a German + Euro. equity crowdfunding site
This independent review has been written especially for startups & growing companies which are considering using Aescuvest to raise money with equity crowdfunding.
- What Is Equity Crowdfunding?
- Best Equity Crowdfunding Sites From Around The World
- How To Crowdfund A Business Through Equity Crowdfunding – Step-By-Step
In this Aescuvest review, you will learn about:
- Aescuvest Attitude To Curation
- Which Companies Can Use Aescuvest
- How Aescuvest Helps Business Owners
- What Is Unique / Different About Aescuvest
- How To Raise Money With Aescuvest
Platform Website: www.aescuvest.eu
Aescuvest Attitude To Curation:
Aescuvest takes a more curated approach to the companies they choose to work with.
Listing on Aescuvest begins with filling in an online application form. The information entered here will go directly to their Investment Committee, who will voe and score the business on a number of criteria. If the company scores sufficiently highly on this initial test, the management will be invited to do an in-person pitch to Aescuvest.
The Management then asks two main questions throughout this process:
- Do we believe in the team, and do we believe they can realize the potential of the product? Beyond the innovativeness of the product(s), here they are looking at the skill set and the composition of the team.
- Do we believe in this company’s suitability for equity crowdfunding? Not every company is a good fit for equity crowdfunding. There needs to be some level of “understandability” for the company to get cut-through with retail investors, and an emotional angle is also very helpful to succeed with this method of fundraising.
Overall, only 5 – 10% of companies which apply to Aescuvest will get the opportunity to list their company. This demonstrates how selective Aescuvest are with companies which apply to them.
Learn How To Succeed With Equity Crowdfunding
Equity crowdfunding offers amazing potential for startups and growing companies, but it is also a very steep learning curve. Many companies begin with no idea of which platform to use, how long it is going to take, or what they should be doing to ensure their offer will be a success.
In this step-by-step guide, you will hear from the world’s leading platforms and from successful past crowdfunders from around the globe, with all their tips and tricks.
Collectively, they have raised millions of dollars, euros and pounds!
Learn how they did it, and how you can do the same.
Which Companies Can Use Aescuvest:
Aescuvest are quite rare among equity crowdfunding platforms internationally, because they have a very specific sector focus – in the healthcare sector. This includes biotech, med-tech, and digital health.
They also have a desire to foster “impact investing” – as in, companies which are using the funds raised to make the world a better place.
As Aescuvest write on their website:
“Our mission is centred on the key issue of health, whether that means curing ill patients, boosting preventative measures, or supporting the family and friends of those afflicted with health concerns.”
While other equity crowdfunding platforms prefer to cast a broad net and work with startups & growing companies from a variety of different sectors, this narrow sector focus allows Aescuvest to be highly targeted in seeking out relevant partners and investors, making for a more-engaged marketplace for those in the healthcare sector.
By their very nature, innovative healthcare businesses often take a bit more time and capital before they can start to generate revenue. They have a lengthier development process. As a result, pre-revenue companies are welcome to apply to Aescuvest. They will consider everything from seed-stage, to later-stage growth companies.
However, companies will stand a better chance of getting accepted if they can demonstrate a clear pathway to market entry and commercialization. This is because it de-risks the company for investors.
Right now, Aescuvest is focusing on a set of 6 countries, being: Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, and the United Kingdom. Some level of localization is still necessary for each country they enter. The reason for these countries being prioritized is:
- They have a strong existing healthcare scene
- English is widely spoken
- European investment passporting regulations make cross-border promotion easier
In time, more countries may be added to this list. However, although the countries listed above are the focus of Aescuvest (and they do not currently promote their platform outside of those), healthcare sector companies could come from anywhere in the world.
Investors can use Aescuvest from anywhere except the United States, and certain embargoed countries.
Raise Size Restrictions:
At the low end, on the German platform the minimum amount to be raised is €100,000. Aescuvest also has a pan-European platform, on which they are interested in working with companies raising at least €2 million. Below this amount, the time and effort involved is not really worthwhile.
Aescuvest can help facilitate up to €10 million for the companies they work with. This is not a legally-imposed maximum, but rather a commerical maximum beyond which they feel it will be difficult for their investor network to absorb. This amount may increase in the future, as their investor database grows.
Take The Quiz – Are You Ready For Equity Crowdfunding?
Equity crowdfunding can raise 6 – 7 figures of investment for startups & growing companies, without banks or VC.
But is your company ready to launch?
This short multi-choice assessment has been created to give an indication of whether your company is fit for funding.
All answers are kept completely confidential.
How Aescuvest Helps Business Owners:
Aescuvest provides marketing support for the companies which work with them. They do not let companies do their campaign on their own, and no additional fees are charged for this marketing assistance. This may include:
- Video Production
- Campaign Page Copywriting
- Public Relations
Introductions to new investors (beyond those already known to the company raising funds) is a large part of the value-add of any good equity crowdfunding platform. Aescuvest can provide access to a highly targeted investor audience. A very large percentage of their investors have a medical / healthcare background, which means companies raising funds on Aescuvest can speak directly to people who already understand something about their sector.
Healthcare professionals can also be potential users of the products, meaning the equity crowdfunding marketing effort through Aescuvest can turn into sales as well as shareholders.
What Is Unique / Different About Aescuvest?
The major point of difference is their singular focus on healthcare. This allows Aescuvest to address their target market in a very specific manner. They can build relationships with healthcare practitioners, and healthcare-focused startup accelerators (particularly EIT Health – one of the largest such accelerators in the world). It also means companies only appear side-by-side other innovative health companies, rather than with companies from completely different sectors (as is the case on most equity crowdfunding platforms).
Aescuvest’s independent Investment Committee is also quite unique. Most equity crowdfunding platforms impose some form of internal quality checks upon the companies which come through their door, but most of them do not have the same degree of distance from the platform that Aescuvest’s Investment Committee have. The members of the Investment Committee come from a variety of backgrounds – including medical experts, entrepreneurs, and finance. If for any reason the independent committee says “no”, then that decision is binding.
How To Raise Money With Aescuvest:
- Have an innovative product. Aescuvest are looking for companies which are genuinely enhancing the situation for patients. Their Investment Committee will be asking: “Is there a need for this? Or is this just a ‘nice-to-have’?” Their advice is: the product matters most, rather than any pitching tips and tricks.
- Show your proof of traction. It is always better for Aescuvest if you can show that your company already has interacted positively with real users. Prove that your business is “more than an idea” by pointing to revenue achieved to date. However, if there are not yet any revenues, then your market potential can be shown with medical studies, clinical testing, expert testimonials, and so on.
- Learn from the best crowdfunding case studies so that you can replicate their success. Other companies have done equity crowdfunding before – you don’t need to learn from scratch. Absorb as much information as possible so that you are prepared to raise money online!
You’ll learn how to choose the right platform, build a crowd, and raise game-changing money.
Join The Free Equity Crowdfunding Training
Get The Roadmap To Raising 6 - 7 Figures, Without Banks Or VC
✓ Where To Go To Find Equity Crowdfunding Platforms
✓ The Different Factors To Weigh Up When Deciding
✓ How To Find Out How Big The Platform's Audience Is
✓ What Else Is Crucial To Know About A Platform
✓ How To Avoid The Biggest Mistakes That Founders Make